Friday, April 07, 2006

Dare 21 - "Unanswered Prayers"


Since I didn't participate in dare 22, I thought I would post the previous dare...this was dare 21 that took place a couple weeks ago but I never got around to posting it. We were challanged to tell a story of hope.... you know, something terrable that happened but good came out of it...like a cloud with a silver lining. I had to reach down really deep to pull this one one! But I did it. This is my story of hope. Nothing unusual. Nothing dramatic. It wasn't life or death or even tragic. But for me, at that time, it was my world. Journaling reads: In 1995 I thought I would never recover from what I thought was a devastating breakup with my high school sweetheart. After receiving an engagement ring for graduation, I thought the deal was sealed but little did I know that he had not been the adoring faithful boyfriend I thought he was. Turns out, I had to end the relationship when I found of his affairs. Up until that point, it was one of the hardest things I had ever had to do but I knew I could not live my life with a man that could lie to me for so long and betray my trust in such a way. I did’t think that I would ever find my true love. Well needless to say, true love did find me when I met David in 1998. I couldn’t imagine my life without him. To this day, I still thank God for those unanswered prayers back in what seems a lifetime ago. Used Making Memories, 7 Gypsies and Basic Grey patterned papers, two peas fonts, american crafts brads, k&co rubons, velum, & transparentcy paper. For more info. on "THE DARES", go to http://www.fortheloveofeffers.blogspot.com/. I dare ya!

2 comments:

Lu said...

really, this is a beautiful page.

Missy said...

this is gorgeous.
and now I'm singing garth brooks...
my dh played that song for me, after he told me about his high school girlfriend... AWWWW.
Beautiful page, thanks for taking part in the dare :)