Monday, November 27, 2006

goodness...














OMG this is some good pie! This was my contribution to Thanksgiving dinner this year. It's a meat pie and it is the best think you have ever put in your mouth! I've had some requests for the receipe but there really isn't one...at least that is what my aunt told me when I asked her for the receipe. However, I can tell you how I made it. So here goes...

You will need:
1 pound of ground beef
1 pound of ground pork
1 small onion - diced
2 stalks of celery - diced
1/2 bellpepper - diced
seasonings of your choice for meat (garlic salt, cajun seasonings, etc.)
1 can of cream of chicken soup
greated parmasan cheese
Shredded Italian cheese blend
2 pie shells
1 egg

Directions:
Smother your onions, celery & bellpepper
Add your pork & beef and season
Stir and brown meat mixture
While meet is cooking, lightly brown one pie shell according to package directions
Add a generous amount of parmasan cheese to meat mixutre & mix well
Remove browned pie shell from oven and fill with meat mixture
Sprinkle shredded cheese on top of meat
Place thawed pie shell on top of pie and seal edges
Prick with a fork for venting
Beat egg in a small dish and brush lightly over the top of the pie
Bake according to pie shell directions or until golden
*** Side Notes: This meat filling makes three pies total. Also, I used frozen onion seasoning mix and added fresh bellpeppers for extra flavor. And when I made my last pie I didn't have any shredded Italian cheeses so I used some sliced provolone I had in the fridge. So don't be afraid to alter it to your taste.

And there you have it. A new family tradition is born. Well that and this delish Chocolate Croissant Bread Pudding thanks to Food Network!

1 comment:

LindseYaYa said...

I've had both- thanks to you. And I recommend both. Neither are figure friendly... but both are worthy of extra situps. xo