Sunday, April 22, 2007

Anniversary update...

Well thank you all for your anniversary wishes. Unfortunatly it didn't go so well. Yes this is my favorite "fancy" restaurant. Yes it was a very special occassion. Yes my hubby was a sweetheart. Yes I wanted to go have a wonderful meal. However, the flu bug had other plans. You see I had been feeling kinda crummy all day...mainly just a scratchy throat. But as the day went on I felt a little worse but thought that a night out would do me some good. So we get dressed up and get there.


Excited to be here since we only really splerge on this pricey meal once a year.


David wanted to try this drink and I thought hey this could be good and the icey coolness could be good on my throat and it was.



Then the cheese came and it was yummy but I was still feeling crappy.


Salads came and they were good my tummy started feeling funny. I didn't get much further than this on it. BUT THEN....


Then they brought out the main course.

I normally adore this part but as soon as I caught the smell of that fondue cooking...OMG I almost lost it. I got so sick to my stomach that I literally only ate two bites. We ended up thowing everthing in the pot and cooking it so we could put it in a to go box. We didn't even get dessert. The manager was nice enought to give us a rain check on the dessert that came with the meal. So yeah, that was a very expensive boilingfest! You see the whole idea of this place is the experence. It's not even so much about the meal. So it was basically ruined.



So here we are. Leaving. Of coarse me being the hopeless scrapbooker, I had to ask the hostest to take our picture. Pitiful I know.

Now keep in mind this was Thrusday. Friday morning I woke up and could hardly swallow. My throat was swollen and hurt something aweful. I had the cold sweats, my body ached, my head pounded, I wanted to hurl...Hell...my hair even hurt! Needless to say I called in sick and went to the doctor. Well, after 1 doctor's visit, 2 shots, 5 phone calls to the insurance company, 2 prescriptions and lots of rest and liquids...I am much better! I still have a lingering cough and a little scratchy throat but I am WAY better they I was doing a couple days ago! Now when do I get my fondue dessert?!

7 comments:

staceyfike said...

i no see pictures
glad you're better anyway!

LindseYaYa said...

Oh my poor darling! I'm sorry about the date... but I am glad you feel better now. I love you and your party-pooper throat. Nice blog... I was on the edge of my seat... *ahem* couch. xo

*~*Amber*~* said...

aw girl. that is aweful. So sorry you couldn't enjoy the goodness. well glad u are feeling better so eat that stuff up!

stephaniehowell said...

hope you are steadily getting better...
love you much!

Disney Scrapper said...

Happy Anniversay. I'm sorry that dinner didn't go well.

Christina Padilla said...

Happy Belated anniversary! So sorry to hear you were sick and couldn't enjoy your dinner date. :(

mary h. said...

You poor baby. Hope you get to feeling super great soon.:)