Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Calm Before the Storm...

That's how it feels right now. The clouds have rolled in and it has just started raining.
It's got a good breeze and it's hot. It's hard to believe that in a few hours we will have winds in excess of 100 mph. Sugarbutt said some profound things about our great state that you might want to read if you love Louisiana or are just interested in how much we love it. She has put things into words so perfectly...you're a great writer sugar!
So we went to my parents to help them get their house secure and pick up things laying around the yard and I had my camera...this is the result...
*check out that peanut butter and jelly grin!*


We returned to our neighborhood to find houses boarded up and people buzzing with activity. Hauling jugs of water, picking up loose items in the yard, boarding up windows and such.

We didn't board up our house but I think we are well prepared. We weathered Katrina ok so I think we will be fine.

So as the weather gets bad, I leave you with a couple of layouts I did in the last couple days. The first one was for a challenge over at scrapgal.com. The challenge was to create your own patterned paper.

This one is for the Sept. 1st scrapjacked. Ya'll are gonna love our target! Go check them out on the first.

And finally, my 365 for today...taken this morning as we straitened the yard.

Ok, well I'm most likely going to be without electricity for a while with the storm so I'll type ya when I type ya!

Laters!

3 comments:

LindseYaYa said...

Boooo! Oh, Sugarbutt, I feel that calm, too. I'm a bit weepy. I know we've been through a zillion storms, and have come back fighting... but I don't want devastation... Thank you for your sweet words. I didn't mean to be profound. I just know that I can't do without Grand Isle. Every year I watch my childhood erode away, bit by bit. And I love the layout... you're so good to me. I'm calling you later.

xo
Your Sugarbutt

Keka said...

May God be with you and your family during the storm. For whatever reason, your family is the first thing that popped in my head. I guess that's what I get for lurking around your blog! lol.

kyanea said...

sending lots of good thoughts your way!!