Saturday, October 11, 2008

No Desire...

So much to blog about but no real desire to do so. I've rehearsed this post in my head for days and still have no idea what I'm going to type. I guess I'll just let you know what I've been feeling for the last couple of weeks. Betrayed mainly. I've been through a lot of crap these last few days. Let me start by saying that my personal life is wonderful and if it were not for my adoring husband, my son who is the delight of my day and my mother keeps me sane and grounded, I don't know what I would do. Just wanted to put that out there so no one thinks I'm saying my life is crap. The betrayal I'm speaking of is by someone I considered a friend. If you are hardcore into the scrapbook industry you know exactly what I'm talking about. If not, you most likely won't have a clue....and you have no idea how lucky you are for that. All I can say is this industry consists mostly of the average scrapbooker who is super sweat and very normal...however, this industry is also filled with some of the most hateful women you will ever find. Woman that quote are supposed to be preserving precious memories of their children, but instead decide to spread lies and hate across the worldwide web. Women who spout scriptures and riotousness but do the exact opposite. Women who hide behind anonymous posts and tare other women down without having any idea what the real story is or care who's lives they hurt in the process. These women are mothers, wives, daughters, sisters. They have families and lives too. But they get online and stalk and dig into people's personal lives. They post trash on smack blogs. They spend countless hours away from their beloved families to spread this trash. I'm done with it. All of it. I have a few "safe" places in the online scrapbook world that I will frequent but for the most part, I'm done. My life is just too important to me to let this crap bring me down.

With that said, I will no longer have anything to do with Dig Deeper Kits. What started out as a creative partnership (not a business partnership by any means) has turned into something very ugly and untrue. I came into this wanting to be a part of something wonderful and help a new friend out with some creative stuff. I stand to gain nothing and loose nothing from this industry. The only thing I have ever done in the scrapbook world was design stuff. I have never profited from any of it. Aside from a couple of classes, I've never even made a penny from this stuff. This is just paper and glue people. Some people are out to make a fortune in the industry. Some people are looking to scam. I am doing neither. I just make stuff.

This is the one and only time I'm going to waste my time addressing this. My next post will be about normal stuff. My life. My creations. My loves. My passions. For me, for my family, for my friends, for my supporters. If you don't like that, don't read it.

9 comments:

GreenErica said...

Fu*k 'em! I hate women like that. They're usually jealous or insecure so don't let their problems get you down. I think you're awesome and incredibly gifted and the people that know you know that too. Oh, and karma's a bit*h, they'll get what's coming to them!

xoxo

LindseYaYa said...

I'm glad you stuck up for yourself. Too bad you needed to. Your talented... and you don't need a network of comparitive people to legitimise your creativity. Part of why you are special, is the fact that you are sincere... People lose their sincerity when they take part in belittlement. You stay away from that. Unfortunately, I believe Kate has the power to express how you were a design partner ONLY and had nothing to do with billing, clients, kit compilation, ect. It's no one's fault to assume you were equal partners in this. Kate portrayed you on the site as a 'partner.' Hell. People have been misled, and so have you. I believe it's only right for Kate to publically restore your reputation by spelling out that your HANDS WERE TIED as things fell apart. It's an easy thing to do for a friend... for someone who supported and encouraged her to embrace a new venture. It's easy. It would only take a few minutes... it's FREE... and it would matter to me, you, and the rest of the people who feel misled.

I love you and who you are... don't let this episode diminish your creativity or your confidence. No one deserves to take that from you. Stand up. Move forward. And always consider peoples motives... they aren't always like you. Not many people have what you've got.

*I'm sticking up for you... and God help me if someone wants to get into it with me... Best friends can kick some ass... Besides, I'm smarter, prettier, and more capable than most haters out there... SO bring it.

xo
Sugarbutt

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

i'm finally de-lurking;0)

i'm sorry to hear all this that is going on after reading sugarbutt's comment. i, also, had no idea. i've kindof been out of the loop (message boards, etc.) for so long. it sucks! i appreciate once, again, your offer to fix things, but like i had said in an email to you, i knew that kate was responsible (as per my email exchanges with kate). i'm lucky, i guess, i'm only out a free september kit and a handful of missing pieces from the august kit.

keep your head up...hopefully, kate will do the right thing for you and everyone else.

i'm ready for some new 365s;0)

staceyfike said...

i really don't know what's going on but i lurve you anyway :) if you need to chat call me anytime xxx

LisaDay said...

Oh Michelle, don't let the gossip crowd get you down. Those of us that have been on the burnt end of this stick know that you were burnt just as bad as us and we don't hold you responsible (or at least I don't). Some people just like to spread the manure to make themselves feel better or to feel like they have something to say and they don't stop to think about what it does to the person they are talking about...what it does to someone that don't even know! I'm glad you aren't letting this affect your personal life and that you are moving forward...stay strong!

Chez said...

hay girl, no doubt. I've been meaning to send you a message about it. I did go catch the last few posts and someone posted your cell and address. not sure if it's correct, but I wanted to let you know. I hope it all stops for you. I know the feeling of being smacked and it's not a great feeling. especially when you didn't do anything!

Kelli said...

well I have no clue what your talking about...which probably doesn't make things better...but hugs girl! let it roll...they are just vindictive, board and manipulative and want to get people all hot and bothered...

make stuff! love it! embrace it! show it to us :) and know that your creations inspire inspire inspire ;)

hugs friend!

Grace said...

Miss your 365! Hugs to you. Grace

Aimee said...

a.m.e.n.