Wednesday, October 22, 2008

War hits close to home...

We all know that the war continues in Iraq but yesterday I saw something that really put it into perspective for me. I mean, I have no family or loved ones over there and I don't watch the world news much so I'm guilty of being in my own little world. Other than knowing that the fighting continues, I don't know much else about what's going on over there.

Well yesterday I saw this.

If you are a scrapper you most likely have heard of Staphanie Howell. I had the pleasure of meeting and hanging out with this amazing woman a little over a year ago in Birmingham but didn't fully understand the impact of her husband, Jimmy's military background until now. My heart goes out to her. Please keep Stephanie and her family in your thoughts.

1 comment:

{Susan...Seriously.} said...

war sucks! my dh was supposed to be a lifer in the corps, went to iraq, and i'm sure forever changed for what he witnessed and participated in...he promptly opted to NOT reenlist after 13 years, because he did NOT want to go back. nothing good about it.