Saturday, January 31, 2009

Heartbroken

If you have been following my twitter updates, you have seen the news...I'm heartbroken. This week has been awful. Just awful. Wednesday I was laid off from work due to "corporate restructuring". That is the major downfall of working for a global chemical company. These types of decisions are made on a global scale. My position was just eliminated. I'm truly heartbroken. I've worked at that site for seven years. That's longer than I've been married. I considered the people family. It was my second home. You know...my comfort zone. Not to mention it is so scary to be unemployed right now. I thought we had left the hardships behind in 2008. Apparently, not so. But this too shall pass. I have an amazing support system and everyone I worked with has been so sweet. The kind words I've received have been such a comfort. I love my lunch bunch and my best work friends and everyone that made my days there so memorable and fulfilling. I'm afraid I will never find another workplace with such a close knit group. But I'm optimistic. I'm out there. I'm hunting. We will get through this too.

6 comments:

mary h. said...

Big {{{{{{HUGS}}}}. Keep your chin up. You may not think there is a job out there that you will love or even like as much as your old one, I had thought so too. Once upon a time that is. It's out there waiting for you at the right time.;)

LindseYaYa said...

Hang in there, shug. What doesn't kill us will make us stronger... so today the silver lining is hard to find. But hopefully next year when you recount 2009, you'll have that lining pegged. Keep your wits about you. Try to find your own personal balance each day... and remember that we know how strong you are, even when you can't help but question everything. I am here. xo

Breanne Crawford said...

oh man, michelle! i'm so sorry... that sucks!! i hope the new perfect job comes along for you!

Christina Padilla said...

Keep your head up girl! We all support you and are praying for you!

you will find something even better than what you had before!!

Aimee said...

good luck! sounds like you've got some leads.

Vee said...

((hugs)) I am so sorry tohear this girl! I hope you find a new job soon and hang in there. I hope you feel better!