Friday, January 02, 2009

New Years in Freeze Frame

Ok, so my new years celebration wasn't earth shattering. But we enjoyed it.

We went to my brother's big new years fireworks show. He saves and buys for this all-year-long! This is just a small portion of the fireworks that he had stacked ready to pop.

Looking back at the pictures it looked like we were there to ring in the new year but in reality we were in bed for 10! Between the cold and Zane, that is all we were up for.

New years day I cooked and had some family over for dinner and more fireworks. Sparklers and smoking choo choo trains really. lol!
Zane had much more fun during the light of day after a good night's rest.

And he now has a slight addiction to sparklers.
Oh and I never noticed how pretty smoke bombs are.
See...more sparklers. After a nap, it was back outside that night for more sparklers.

All in all we had a lot to be thankful for as we said goodbye to 2008.

I feel as if I grew up a lot this year. In fact...I know I did.

1 comment:

LindseYaYa said...

I love all the pics! I'm glad yall had a special night. My favs are: the first one of Mr. H... and Zane in his push.car... oh and the one of all the fireworks- made me laugh out loud. When you told me about this years ago, my mind completely underestimated him. Crazy!!! *nap.time* xo