Thursday, February 05, 2009

Sad day


Today was a sad day. I had to attend two funerals of two unrelated family friends. I also went to my first career counseling session.

Funerals are so bizarre. The visitation is always so awkward with the casket up front and a procession of people coming up to "view the body". Then you have to pass by the "receiving line" of family members that are lined up to greet people and "receive" condolences. It's all very strange to me.

Well all the bizarre, uncomfortable things aside...I have been creative this week...believe it or not.

I made this...

And this....
*earrings and pendant made with "Dove of the East" papers. I love these feather papers!*

Oh and a bunch of cool 365's...
I even made a scrapbook page...

So all in all, I guess it's been a pretty good week. I've been feeling more upbeat...optimistic. Ok so I had a little melt down Tuesday but I think it's because I've been holding back a little and it all came to a head. Now I'm looking forward. Chasing leads and staying grounded. *sigh* It's gonna be ok.

3 comments:

random moments said...

It IS going to be okay. ((hugs))

Those feather earrings rock girlie!

jeny said...

hello! I have never left a comment on your blog before, but I wanted to reach out. I just experienced what you are going through. Something that helped me after I suffered a two day panic attack. I stopped watching the news, reading the paper and checking cnn online. I got my spirit back. You will too!
One of my favorite all times sayings is, "When one door closes, another opens." It is so true.

Kevin said...

Hi there. Long time listener, first time caller. Good to know you're doing alright and staying optimistic. And I think it's good you had that meltdown. Now you can put it behind you and move forward. I'm saying my prayers.