Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A reminder...

Today we remember that we came from ashes...and to ashes we shall return. So obviously my 365 had to be of me with my ashes proudly shown on my forehead. We started our day out with 7 a.m. mass so they have been a reminder to me and everyone I came into contact with all day. I said a little prayer in church for the right opportunity to come along for us and I think it may have. I got a job offer this afternoon. I have mixed feelings about it because of the drive but the pay is good and I think I'm up for the challange.

Monday I sold my favorite piece in my etsy shop. I had mixed feelings about that too! So I worked on some new creations that will me showing up in my shop soon...
This one was also for the lace dare. I wanted to do something wearable.

And yesterday, on the way home from an interview I ran in one of my favorite thrift shops and found this...three of them actually! I was so excited! Now the delima is to sell or not to sell.
And this snapshot...well that's my boy on his new horsie his Maw Maw & Paw Paw gave him. Well it's new to him at least! It was a hand me down from my nephew but it's like brand new and he just loves it. He was "feeding" it here. LOL! Thanks Gail! He adores it!
Ok, gotta get this wet towel off my head and get into bed. I'll try to get some new things added to the Thrifted Finds shop tomorrow and I'll post an update then.
Laters!

8 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ok, why is it that my ashes looked like a big bruise, and yours stayed in a perfect cross? Oh, and FAILED to mention that Starshine helped you start your day with the Lord and also prayed for you while we were there!! :) Lunch? Maybe today, tomorrow? Don't forget, no fried food for the Cosnahan's.....

cvargen said...

Hi Michelle:

I read your blog all the time but have never left a comment before.

Excited about your job offer, but if it doesn't feel right, don't take it....although, in this economy maybe you should take what you can get!!! It's a tough one...at any rate, good luck on your decision. what kind of a job is it???? Take care, Cathy

Michelle Sanders said...

Ahhh yes, Starshine did indeed assist in starting my Ash Wednesday out properly! LOL!

And Cathy, thanks for you sweet comment. The job i'm looking at is a simular job to what I had but it's at a location that will require me to drive about 30 -45 minutes longer than I'm used to to get there. And it seems like the work will be more repeditive and not as personal but like I said, the pay is good and I think I'm up for it. I just need to get my butt back to work and I'm thankful to have found something! It's taken a month to find this and I never thought it would take that long. Things are so hard on the job front right now. Thanks so much for your encouragement and keep commenting to let me know you are reading. It's good to know that someone is reading and feedback is always nice. I love getting different views.

LindseYaYa said...

Love the post! Congrats on the job offer!!! I wish you only the best, whatever you decide. I think your etsy pieces are beautiful... Completely you, for sure. I love the pic of ZC on his horsey. That little hand feeding him was the very best part! WIth Wednesday here a new season begins... I wish you a refreshing Spring, Sugar. xo

mary h. said...

Congrats on the job offer!!!!! I say take it now. You can always look for another one if it doesn't work out for you. That lace dare piece is absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!! I love it. The pic of Z feeding his new horse is so precious.(I forgot yesterday was Ash Wed. Wonder if dh made it to church since he is in Vegas.Hmmm...)

random moments said...

Congrats hun! I feel so out of the loop with a sick computer at home. I need details about this job!

Btw, in love with the green necklace AND your lace necklace. So beautiful and yet so edgy!

Danielle said...

Congrats on the new job offer!!! That's fantastic :)

Your lace jewelry piece is GORGEOUS :D

Elizabeth said...

Michelle its Beth (Barnhizer) Alston from PHS...I stumbled across your blog and was in Awe! You write so well that I couldn’t help but read on and on. Your dear son is cute as a button… and well you haven’t aged at all. Sorry to hear you hate the commute to work…I am currently unemployed and looking....Nevertheless what made me comment was ….I saw the plate and I have two of those someone made them for my Grandmother one is of her and one is of my grandfather they have been in the family all of my life. Oddly they look a lot like that one. I do not know how old they are but I just love them. Enjoy them.
Beth


PS it’s good to see you are still making jewelry. I am very sorry to hear of your Grandmother passing.