Sunday, March 08, 2009

Busy Weekend...not really...well sort of...

No...not really. And that is my final answer.

This weekend involved a trip to Urban Outfitters where I got a few really good deals and then a visit to the fabric store for some project supplies...one of which was the hounds tooth fabric for my camera strap that I'm proudly displaying above! Yes, I made it! I'm so excited about that!

Then Saturday and Sunday was cookie making for the St. Joseph's altar. These were the fun cookies.

Today we made haystacks...

They are basically dry Italian cookies that are stirred into hot melted sugar and molded into stacks. It was a very hot process but the results were pretty cool and they tasted great.

Saturday we made fig cookies. It was my first time making them but I seemed to get the hang of it pretty quickly. I'm thinking that I will have to add these to my Christmas cookie list this year now that I know how to make them. And I took plenty of pics...

365 update...well a few are above between the camera strap photo and the cookie making pictures but here is the catch up on the rest of the week...



That is pretty much it for the weekend. This week has been very stressful with job stuff but I have managed to land a job. Not my dream job by any means but it's employment and I'm very thankful for that! More on that later. Gots to get my tooshy in gear to get the kitchen cleaned up and then off to bed. Laters!

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love the camera strap!!! It came out soooo cool!! Great job mama, and I already texted you, but good luck today!!!

cvargen said...

Can't wait to hear about your new job! Even though it's not your dream job, at least it's a job, I guess...in these economic times any job is a good job? You can still keep your eyes and ears open for your dream job...when do you start? Cathy

LindseYaYa said...

I love the camera strap! And the job news updates my questions... Good luck with things this week. I hope it's a good fit! xo

Meg said...

congrats on the job and i love love love the camera strap!! :) so great!

Christina Padilla said...

Congrats on the job!!!!!!
so excited, and hey great job with the camera strap and cookies! yum!