Thursday, June 11, 2009

I felt pretty today

Emotionally drained...but pretty.

Today was my grandma's funeral and it was a very emotional and rough day. My mother took it VERY hard during mass and my heart truly broke for her. Her poor, tired body had just had enough and she was flooded with all the emotion she had been holding back. I have never experienced such a out pour of emotion at a funeral. Always a quite tear, lots of hugs and an occasional boo hoo but this was real, raw emotion and it was hard. Now that this is behind us, we can begin to heal and manage our lives with this obviously missing piece.

As I mentioned, I felt pretty today. So I took a picture. A few actually. You may have noticed that I stopped taking my 365 pictures. I had gotten so religious with them and had taken a couple hundred or so. But I just got uninspired and eventually stopped. But today I put on a dress, which I never do, and I felt pretty. So there.

That's all for today. I feel very inspired but my mind is to cluttered and exhausted to do anything about it. I need to just be tonight. Just exist with my thoughts and be.

2 comments:

GreenErica said...

What a day...

Prayers for you and your family.

xo

Beth Perry said...

Love ya, girlie!