Tuesday, June 23, 2009

We've been trippin' & we ain't done yet!

So much fun stuff since my last post! First of all...
We went to New Orleans to see an awesome Guns & Roses tribute band! They also had a Poison band with them AND a Motley Crue tribute band! It was crazy good!
There was plenty of time for quality time with the hubs... ...with one of my best girls, Alissa
...see lots of girl time...
I even got to see one of my old grade school friends who now lives in New Orleans.
She had just come from an 80's themed party where she was dressed as Axl Rose! How perfect was that?! Love her painted tats! Then Sunday morning she invited us over to their home on the way out of town to have coffee with her and her hubs. Such a wonderful visit! I can't wait to do it again soon.
We also got in some shopping in the french quarter and took in the sights of the city...you would think we were tourist! LOL!

So here are a few of the sights we saw...
A DJ in a clothing boutique. Only in New Orleans would you see that!

Beautiful architecture and alleyways.
Wonderful ironwork.
FABULOUS soap shops like LUSH. I simply must get some of this stuff!
Oh and our hotel, although VERY reasonably priced, it had some wonderful amenities and a very high end feel to it. Check out these pillows. Soft & firm.
And the toiletries were so cool and sleek.

And now for a huge last minute treat...my hubs as agreed to a last minute road trip to Nashville so I can attend the Scrap In Style event!
I'm going to get to take some killer classes from Martha Bonneau, Jenni Bowlin & Amy Tan! AND I get to hang out with some beautiful women like my pal Beth Perry & Stacy Fike among others that I most likely don't even know are going yet. This is so spontaneous and exciting! So much better than signing up 6 months ago and having to wait! LOL! If you get a wild hair up you butt and wanna go too, there's still room!!!
ScrapInStyleLIVE

3 comments:

Beth Perry said...

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA

JessiW said...

You guys are gonna have so much fun! Oh how I wish I had some more money!! I'm sure you girls will tell us all about it when you get back.

mrschez said...

Have fun chickie!