Wednesday, July 29, 2009

What's for dinner?

Apparently I have a bit of a recipe to share with you.
And I use the term "recipe" loosely. You see I made a little concoction last night that turned out good and some folks wanted a recipe so here goes....

Baked Shrimp Stuffed Shells

½ Pack of Large Shell Noodles for stuffing
1 container of Ricotta Cheese
½ stick of butter
6 tablespoons of flour (more or less)
1 to 2 cups of milk (as desired)
1 pound of cooked shrimp (crumbled Italian sausage & crab meat would work well too)
½ cup of fresh or frozen seasoning mix (cut up onion, bell pepper & celery mix)
2 cup of Italian mix shredded cheese
Seasoning (Cajun/creole seasoning or Tony’s)

Preheat oven to 400

Boil noodles until almost done.

While noodles are boiling, in a separate sauce pan, saute onions, bell peppers & celery with butter until wilted and butter is melted. Slowly add flour (while stirring) until it becomes dry and clumpy. This may end up being more or less than 6 tablespoons. Keep moving this mixture around with your spoon for a couple minutes then gradually stir in your milk till it’s the desired thickness. Keep in mind that the cheese you are about to add will make it a bit thicker. Next add ONE cup of your shredded cheese (reserve the other cup for later) and continue to stir until it’s all combined well. Season to taste with your seasoning of choice. Keep on low heat until you are read for the sauce.

Combine your ricotta cheese and shrimp together (I cut my shrimp in half so they were in more manageable pieces). Line the bottom of your baking dish with a bit of the sauce to keep your shells from sticking. Then spoon the ricotta mixture into the shells. Line up your shells in your baking dish and pour the sauce over the top. (You may have some sauce left over) Then sprinkle the reserved cup of shredded cheese on top and bake at 400 for about 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Delish!


Like I said, it's not exact or anything...I really made it up as I went along. I just had the idea of what I wanted to make and didn't have a recipe so I put what I thought should go in there and it came out great. Let me know if you try it and how you like it!

3 comments:

Tonia_and_boys_Inc. said...

oooh, michelle! i use that trifecta for a lot (bell pepper/onion/celery)!
and i am definitely giving this "recipe" a go!! dang, i'm hungry now! thanks. ;)

Callista said...

mmm... that sounds good! You made me hungry and I still have an hour and a half until lunch time! Ugh!

Beth Perry said...

WHAT IS THE DEALIO WITH US DOING THE SAME SHIZNIT AND THE SAME TIME! LOL
I will def give this recipe a go! You know how much I love seafood!!!
We were wanting to do seafood this weekend with some friends.
2010 is not that far away. I don't even know where the summer went to.
The beginning of the year will be better, I guess. I should have some Christmas money and I will have a fresh 2 weeks of vacay. lol
and I won't get too hot down there. haha
Loves!
B