Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I didn't know I could cook that

Chicken Enchiladas that is...

And they were delish. I really wanted cheese enchiladas but knowing how my husband loves meat I decided to do some chicken ones too. And I'm so glad I did. They turned out great. I never made them before so I had no idea how they would come out but here is how I did it...

Ingredients:
1 large chicken breast (I used frozen)
cumin
chili powder
salt/pepper or grill seasoning blend
two pats of butter
olive oil
corn tortillas
taco/fiesta shredded cheese mix
1 can of enchilada sauce (the red sauce kind)

Place chicken breast in microwave safe dish and season with two pats of butter, liberal dash of cumin, chili powder and grill seasoning blend then drizzle with olive oil, cover and microwave for 6 minutes. Flip and microwave for another 4-6 minutes. You may have to cut it in half to get make sure it is cooking all the way through. Then cut up and mix it around in it's own juices till it's all soaked up.

Drizzle a little of your enchilada sauce in the bottom of your baking dish that you will be using for your enchiladas. Place your tortilla on your prep surface and spread a little of the enchilada sauce over it then heap you chicken in a line towards the middle of your tortilla. Roll up nicely and place in your baking dish seam side down. Repeat till you have your dish full. Then pour the rest of the enchilada sauce over the top to coat it. Top with shredded cheese and microwave for about 5 minutes then bake in a preheated toaster over (or regular oven) for another 6-8 minutes.

Serve with some Mexican style rice and refried beans and you have yourself a Mexican Fiesta.

*photo credit goes to Vita Arina on Flickr...I didn't get to photograph mine before they were all gone!*

1 comment:

Beth Perry said...

You ARE loving yellow lately! heheh I love the sides of your bog. So pretty!
And yum to enchiladas!! Good job, btw! :P
I am loving the post below too! going to check out that layout now.
My computer is sick and it is making me mad!! I can keep up with FB pretty well on my phone, but blogs?...well, I am waaaay behind! lol
Have a good day, love!

B