Friday, August 21, 2009

A quickie thrift trip

This afternoon on my way home from work I made a couple thrifty stops.
I didn't get a lot, but I did manage to get some wonderful old cross stitching & embroidery items and vintage velvet ribbon. As well as some great old belts and a couple of purses. One cool old velvet clutch and another handmade piece that I couldn't resist.
Not bad for a quick Friday afternoon of thrifting. The bad thing is that it just wet my appetite...now I want to do some major thrifting this weekend!

5 comments:

lisa garay said...

awesome finds, girly!
i love the old embroidery stuff!

Elise said...

Hello, I'm leaving a comment for you because you have a great site here - I've really enjoyed reading your posts and your pictures are great !

Thanks for sharing them and have a lovely weekend

Shell said...

nice finds! i'll have to go thrifting one day with you and plan a weekend out of it, i don't live that far!

Beth Perry said...

I think that furry thing behind the belts moved a bit.

ahahahaha
I love your fun finds babe!! yum on the vintage velvet ribbon!

Kim said...

SCORE! One of the leather belts reminds me of one my mom used to have when I was a baby. Man, I coveted that thing later on as a 20-something. Never did end up with it in my possession though.
Love your blog!!