Friday, August 14, 2009

Shrooms & Scraps

So I've been busy this week. Doing scrappin' & cooking...all between everyday stuff.
Last night I made these wonderful stuffed mushrooms.
I had everything I needed in the fridge but ground meat....what's a girl to do? Well I did have frozen meatballs. Soooooo, I figured I would heat them up and give a quick chop and use them instead of the ground meat. So quick and so easy. So here's what I did...
baby portobella mushrooms
handful of frozen onion season mix
seasoned bread crumbs
grated Parmesan cheese
salt & pepper or season blend
butter
olive oil
microwave frozen meatballs
pull the stems off the mushrooms and cut them up
also cut up the meatballs & place meat and stems in a mixing bowl
add onion season mix & salt/pepper or season blend
mix in bread crumbs and cheese with a drizzle of olive oil
until your mixture is just sticky enough to stick together when you grab a scoop of it
Next fill your mushroom caps with the mixture...mound it up (pack it tightly)
Place in a baking dish and top with remaining Parmesan cheese and a few pats of butter
bake at 350 for about 20 minutes.
Now for the scrappies...
These were made with my July Masters Kit...



Well that's all for now...I have my August Scrapjack page completed but I'm gonna wait to post it until after the post on the scrapjacked blog is made. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. We broke a few rules again this time...but that's half the fun...right?! LOL

6 comments:

Vanessa said...

YUMS!!

Melonie said...

Those look delicious!

Christina Padilla said...

oh yum. and double yum.

your making me hoooongry woman!

Beth Perry said...

Hey you sexy-thang!! Love all your photo shoot pics below!!!
And those shrooms looking amazing!
Saw all your latest layouts at SIS. And I love them!!!! Especially the Big Dinner page....OF COURSE!!! HAHAHA
HOpe you had a great weekend, sweets!
Love ya!
B

Elizabeth said...

Just thought I'd throw in a little barf for you...

Elizabeth said...

Oh, and my word verification was MULLET!! WTF???