Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Day

Today was indeed a big day...
Zane's very first day of preschool. He was so excited! With his backpack and his little folder...he weas so proud!
I mean look at that face...so excited!
He is growing up so fast!

So today was very emotional. Perhaps it started with my hour & 20 min drive to work (damn traffic), or maybe it was the fact that all I wanted when I got to work over an hour late was a cup of coffee and they were out of sugar. That combined with the fact that this short week has been hell on my schedule at work. Well it all came to a head on my way home from work. On the drive home I suddenly was overcome with emotion as the thought of my grandmother poped into my head. For no reason. With no warning. I just thought of her. I missed her. I broke down and cried the entire drive home. Had it not been pouring down raining I would have stopped at her grave and cried more. That's just like me...months after and I finally let the emotion hit me. I finally give in and let it overcome me. I was truely overwhelmed. And I have a feeling this emotion is not over yet. I hate when i get like this. So what do I do? I craft...
I worked on this...part of the pirate party. Can't give away too much but it turned out SO cute! Can't wait to share it in all it's glory!!!

Well I'm going rest my sad eyes. Tomorrow is ineed a brighter day.

3 comments:

mandiegirl said...

So sorry! I really hope that tomorrow's a much better day for you!

Beth Perry said...

Hi love! I am glad you got lots of it out, though.
I can't wait to see what you created for the pirate party.
I miss you and love you!!!
Talk to you later today!! :D
B

LindseYaYa said...

Ugh. All of it. I know just how you feel... When the day starts off bad and the momentum steam rolls you. And when something triggers an emotion overload... I'm sorry you had a down day. Next time you have a too.blue day, call me- I'll arrange a last minute latte date! Promise. *Of course we'd be like on a first date... awkward and uneasy about who should make the first move... bc it's been so long since we've hung out! ;) But I'm game. Can't wait to see yall this weekend! xo