Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Midweek Tidbits

With fall comes yummy cooking...
And this year I have vowed to cook more fresh fall treats. Sunday I cooked this delish acorn squash. It was so super easy and turn out great! Just pierce the outside of it with a knife, place it on a paper towel and microwave for about 6-8 minutes. Then cut in half, place a pat of butter inside each half, sprinkle with salt and paper and a tad bit of cinnamon and brown sugar and presto...a side dish fit for a king! My husband even ate it up and he is not a big veggie eater.

What else? Hmmm...
Ahhhh yes, I've been digging through my stash of brass pieces from when I used to make broaches (light years ago) and also purchasing a few new items and having fun getting back into antiquing them and finishing them. I can remember staying up till two in the morning on summer nights at the kitchen table with my mom working on antiquing brass pieces and drilling holes and gluing pin backs and rummaging through vintage finds for the perfect button or watch part to add to a piece. It's so comforting to do something I've always done and still get such joy from it.
Speaking of jewels...
I made two new Halloween/Vampire themed necklaces that I'm just in love with...
The one above has a hand stamped pendant that says "bitten" and two little red fresh water pearls at the neckline where the "bite" would be.

Below is my favorite with the HUGE bat and little blood red glass drops at the neck. I love that it is so kitchy and pretty and tacky at the same time!
Playing with jewelry has got to be the funnest hobby around...it just has to be!

2 comments:

Beth Perry said...

I love it all!!! I can't wait to see your workstation!! Looks awesome!!!
You are doing so well with this...it makes me happy and proud! lol

Melanie said...

Have you sold bitten?