Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Annual Cochon de Lait

Another overdue post...this was from our annual family reunion...which happens to be a Cochon de Lait.

It's about as southern as it gets. We roast a pig, listen to cajun music, watch LSU football, drink beer (well I don't...but everyone else does), eat cracklins, and dine on everything from Jamabalya to Alligator Sauce Piquante.
And PLENTY of family time. Which is the best of all.

We see some people that we otherwise wouldn't get to see aside from a wedding or funeral.
And some are more closely related like my aunts and uncle...pictured below with my dad.
It's so nice when we can all get together like this.
Granted this used to be a way bigger deal than it is now and I'm not sure when it really started to get so mellow but it's quite tame now compaired to the elaborate skits and costumes they used to put on!
For years we were unable to attend because October was the heart of the craft show season and since I've been doing craft shows since I was 13, we sort of just stopped going because we ALWAYS had a conflict with the date. Well last year we started going again since it was the first year I didn't have any craft shows scheduled.

And I couldn't do a post about the Cochon de Lait with a picture of the actual roast...

Well I'm gradually catching up with my posts...stay tuned!

2 comments:

Beth Perry said...

LOVE ALL THE NEW PHOTOS!!!! AND LOVE YOUR BLOG HEADER! AWWWW

"YOU ARE MY SUNSHINE, MY ONLY SUNSHINE..."

Shell said...

cute pics!
would love a pig roast right about now!