Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentines, Wishes, Thrifties & Scrapies...

This afternoon my little guy picked a flower for me...
He knew the concept of blowing on it but didn't know much about the "wish" part of it.
He was so patient while I took his picture...he waited till I snapped a couple before he went ahead and blew on it.
As for the scrappies, this is my version of this month's Scrapjacked.
This time we jacked the uber talented Kerry Lynn. Come see her page and play along with us!

And now on to Valentine's Day...
The hubs gave me the traditional heart box of candy...not too much cause he knows I won't ever eat them all. And also some precious chocolate covered fortune cookies. But there was a surprise...
He made this wonderful drawing of us from a picture we had taken a couple weeks ago. It means so much to me that he did that for me! Now I need to find the perfect frame and place to display it.

And what did he get from me?
Well I got us matching mugs from Anthropologie and a few other little happies that I thought he would enjoy.
And lastly, I had a friend ask me to take her thrifting soon. So I set out to do my homework and case a few local thrift places to see which ones I need to make sure to hit. Well I racked up! Not only did I get some killer goodies for Zane...like Spiderman PJs with his favorite Black Spiderman and a pair of VANS kicks! He LOVES them! I even managed to find a vintage Louis Vuiton purse! SCORE!
These are a few of the pieces i ended up taking home with me. I'm thinking I need to start back up with offering vintage items in my etsy shop...yes?

3 comments:

Callista said...

I want to go thrifting with you! :) And I love the drawing your hubby did for you, that is awesome! Of course your son is all too adorable with the flower!

Susie said...

Girl...WHERE do you find these thrifted treasures?

Beth said...

awwwwwwwww i love love that layout!