Friday, March 19, 2010

Mini Photo Shoot

Last weekend we set out to have Zane's spring pictures taken. We never get his pictures professionally taken because he is not a "sit and pose" kinda kid. No amount of bribery will get him to sit in from of a backdrop and pose for a picture. BUT my friend Nicole is working hard on her photography business and was doing Easter pics with live bunnies so I thought I would give it a try and support a good friend in the process. Nicole did great... however Zane did not. He wanted nothing to do with the rabbits, denied my attempt to put his cute little bunny hat on him and refused to sit in front of her precious little backdrop. So after Nicole got done with our session I decided to let Zane play and run around since it was such a beautiful day. The follow pictures were snapped as he had a blast in the South Louisiana spring sun! *WITH his bunny hat!*

He sang, he danced, he clapped, he ran, he giggled...a lot.
We also had sort of a breakfast picnic too...just the two of us.
*Notice the yogurt on his chin*


He even picked flowers for me...

And gave me his proud bunny face...

This kid is amazing. Never a dull moment. As a working mother I don't get a whole lot of this sort of thing so when I get that time it makes my heart so happy. It makes up for all those mornings when he crawls in the bed with me right before my alarm clock goes off and asks "momma can you stay and lay down with me?". It breaks my heart to have to tell those big blue eyes that "momma has to go to work". Days like that beautiful spring day are cherished for me...I am planning a repeat very soon;)

3 comments:

Angel said...

Sounds a lot like a photo shoot with Nicholas. I'm with you...those are precious moments. Gotta love our lil' guys!

Callista said...

these pics are great... I'm not really into posed pics, it's more fun to catch the kid in the moment. lol. Love his hat!

Susie said...

I'm pretty sure if we ever got a pic of Zane with Nicholas, the world would explode from cute overload.