Saturday, April 03, 2010

Totally Wicked!

So Thursday the hubs and I headed to New Orleans.
We were off to see Wicked! I was so excited! Since I don't have much of an attention span I am not a reader...which is the ONLY reason I never read the Novel. SOOOO when I saw it was a play and it was coming to New Orleans, I was all over it!
We went to Deannie's, our favorite NOLA restaurant for a bite to eat. And then headed to the theater.
Since I had never read the book I really had no idea what to expect. I'm so glad. It was nice to now know what was gonna happen next.
Here are some pics I found online to show you how amazing it really was!





It surpassed any expectations I had for it! It was everything I hoped it would be. I mean I hoped it would have lots of ties to the Wizard of Oz but really expected it to be it's own story. I was SO happy that it did both!! I sure hope they make a movie of it one day. I would love that!

3 comments:

Beth said...

wow!!! Wicked looks amazing!! I just need to cough up the money and go see it next time they come through!

Callista said...

wow, looks great!

Susie said...

I don't know much about the musical, other than the fact that people raved about it, but I did read the book. It was...okay. Far too political for my taste. It took my a while to finish, and I'm a fast reader usually. My friend said that the musical is a loose, happier adaptation of the book, if that tells you anything!