Monday, November 08, 2010

Comfort Food...

I'm huge on comfort food.  Adore it.  Sometimes it's the only thing that will get me through a horrible day.
So it's no surprise that I've been craving it now that I'm PG.  During a last minute trip to the store I quickly decided what I wanted to cook for the week and made a list in my head as I walked the isles.  I knew I wanted to make meat pie.  So that's just what I did.  Wow it's amazing how something like that will make the ickys go away in a heartbeat.  My aunt Gwen brought us on when we had just gotten home from the hospital with Z and I loved it so much that I had to get her recipe.  It's been a comfort food at our house ever since!

Next up that week... Taco Soup.
Sure lots of people make taco soup but I had never attempted it...and didn't really think I would like it since I like thick cream based soups.  But BOY was I wrong on this one!  It was amazing.  Yum-O!  And just like that, a new comfort food was born.  I love when that happens!

1 comment:

Grace said...

Yummy pie and soup!! Enjoy! Grace