Thursday, January 20, 2011

Stitching up a storm...

So I've been going a little crazy on Etsy...window shopping (and a tiny bit of purchasing) for baby stuff!!
But this pretty little diddy was made by me and I'm oh so proud!
I knew I wanted to get a travel changing pad with a pocket for a couple diapers & a pack of wipes.  I was never prepared for public changes with Z so this time I will be ready!  Etsy had some cute ones but either they didn't have the pocket for diapers or it was crazy over priced.  So I broke out the 'ol sewing machine and whipped up a great option!  I'm so proud and a little validated by what I can do.  Now my mind is swimming with ideas for bibs, burp cloths, blankets and even baby slings!  I've done some burp cloths before and a few other odds and ends for friends and family but this time it's for me and our little one so I'm really excited to try some new stuff that I know will make our lives a tiny bit easier;)

3 comments:

Jill said...

Michellie this is adorable! Great job. You should think about opening an etsy shop with your baby items, I know I'd totally buy for friends. I mean, since you don't already have 99 items in the fire.... *snort*

Beth said...

WOW! GOOD JOB, BABE!

Marley said...

i agree with jill but of course i would be buying this for myself. it's difficult to find things in the brown and green colors we are going with so we ended up getting zachary a camoflauge diaper bag so he doesn't have to carry anything too girly. lol
;)