Thursday, May 26, 2011

Dear Baby Sanders...

*Guest Blog by Daddy Bird*
Dear Baby Sanders,

Lets call you Liam Cole, as your mother, your big brother and me sit in the hospital awaiting your arrival, I reflect on what it is to be a Sanders.  Let me start with, we are not quitters.  There's a saying when you are given lemons make lemon-aid.  Although the Sanders do love to make lemonade, there is less to making lemonade than you would think.  Yeah I guess with the amount of lemons we've been given we should buy that big fancy machine, but that machine costs way more than we have...or I guess we could buy a little a used one, or we could make it by hand squeezing them one at a time.  Since you don't know me yet, here is a hint...I like to use my hands to make things.  The problem with the big fancy machine, besides the cost, yeah I know I could put every lemon I have into it and press a button and I'm done.  but we will never drink all that lemonade before it goes bad and I'd know we were just wasting it.  So as a Sanders you will take every lemon, one by one, and squeeze only enough for what you can drink and not waste anything so you will always have a fresh glass.  As you get older you will find out that a lot of your friends don't know how to make handmade lemonade.  It may be surprising but you will will know how, because it was passed down to you from your father, who had it passed down to him from his father and...you get the idea.  So to be a Sanders you must accept what is given to you.  Make the best out of it.  Enjoy even the little bit you have and know that you made it with your own two hands.  With all that said...

WELCOME TO THE FAMILY BABY LIAM

Love, Daddy.

2 comments:

Grace said...

aww congratulations and good luck to your wife. I hope all goes fast and smooth for her. Great post Daddy. Grace

Beth said...

love it!!!!!!!!!!!!! love the sanders family!!!!!!!!! i miss you guys so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!