Friday, September 21, 2012

Are You Ready to Play Dirty?

As most of you know...I'm sort of...well, more of an "indoor girl".  So when my friend Annie posted on facebook looking for friends to do the Play Dirty Mud run with her and her husband, I'm sure I'm the last person she though would respond!
 But we signed up...not really knowing what to expect.  I had every intention on going to the gym and preparing.  But that didn't really happen.  I just rolled with it.  When we got there we just went for it.  We ran.  We jogged.  We did our old lady in the mall speed walking thing.  We did a lot of laughing and surprisingly enough...not a whole lot of falling!  LOL!
 We climbed.  We we crawled.  We tunneled.  We did it all.  There was not one obstacle that we did not do.  I was so proud of myself!   I even went through the mud pit that had a snake in it!  Yes, there was a snake spotted off to one side of it and I quickly scooted through the other side while David stood watch!  LOL!
 The team work was awesome!
 We gave a helping hand when needed, a boost or a tug and we all made it through.
 And we even stopped and hammed it up for the camera;)
It was such a fun time!!  Something I NEVER would have though I would have done but I'm so glad we did!
 But the balance beam...I have to come clean...I tried...but had to step off and walk through the mud!  My legs were like jello by that point and I had NO balance left in them!

It was such a great team building exercise.  I truly recommend it for any couple or group of friends to do together.  It's a great experience!
 We had a blast and can't wait till next year!!
Here is a link to the video of what we did...we didn't make it in the video but it will give you an idea of what the event was all about!

No comments: