Wednesday, November 05, 2014

Launch of His Kingdom Come Online Art Community!!!

Hey Y'all!   So glad you stopped by my blog!  Welcome!!  Today I am celebrating the launch of a brand new online Christian Creative Community: His Kingdom Come.  A team of talented Christian artists have come together to launch this exciting new community and I am one of the moderators for the Bible Journaling Group.


His Kingdom Come is an online Community where fellow Christians can encourage, share and learn about Christianity and explore the God-given creativity that he has put in us all.  It will be a safe place to share your faith, be inspired,and explore creativity across many art mediums - journaling, mixed media, painting, bible journaling, textiles, watercolor and more.  His Kingdom Come will offer free tutorials, technique classes, devotionals, crafts to celebrate the holidays, opportunities to go deeper in your faith and in yourknowledge of God and the Bible.   The website will also offer Christian artists a platform to host classes (free or fee-based) which you will be able to sign up for.

 

I will be one of the moderators  for the Bible Journaling Group . Since you will be seeing me around HKC, I wanted to share a little about who I am and my creativity, personally and what I believe! 

 
I'm a wife and mother and crafty creative type but above all, I am a disciple of Christ with a heart to minister and serve. As long as I can remember I've loved all things paper crafts and artsy, dabbling in scrapbooking, card making, stamping and painting. So when I found bible journaling it was a natural thing for me. It is my goal to spread the word of Jesus Christ through art!


I am a mother of two beautiful little boys and the wife of a crazy supportive husband that allows me to be the mother I need to be to them (or at least the best one I can possibly be) all while exploring my art, hobbies and ministries. 

I'm also a jewelry designer, although I've recently pretty much put my long time jewelry business on hold to listen to God's voice in my life and spend some much needed time with my family.  My husband and I teach youth Sunday school which is an amazing experience to work along my husband ministering to these students, although he as taken the lead these days as my heart has been pulled to woman's ministry. 

Since this summer I have been very active in the women's ministry in our church, leading a women's bible study among other special ministry programs.  But faith art and bible journaling has just flooded my soul over the past months and I hope it does the same for you!!


How does your faith impact your creativity?
Tremendously!  My faith is all I can think about now when I get creative and it is what spurs my creativity.  I go into Sunday service with a little notebook tucked into my bible to take notes and tape them into my bible so I can go back and do my art work in my journaling bible or in my art journal.  I see God moving everyday and I want to document that in some way creatively.  I feel like that is why God has gifted me with this creativity, to share it to show others how he is moving!

Why did you accept the moderator position for this group?   What do you want the group to be, do, etc.
I accepted this moderator position because I want to encourage other people that are looking for a way to glorify God with their art, to show how God is moving in their lives, to document it and to spread the word of God in the process of it all. 


What other areas of creativity do you dabble in?
If it involves creativity, I pretty much dabbled in it.  I love all things paper art, I also kinda sew (not well...but I sew), funky photography, jewelry making, creative teaching and projects with my kids, pretty much you name it and I love it...but I can't for the life of me garden...I tried.  LOL!

What are your hopes for this new community?
To just provide a wonderful,  encouraging, creative place to share our art and God's word and perhaps attract those that may not have ever even been exposed to such things to the truth of our Savior so that we can leave this world better than we found it.


Please remember to comment on my post here on my blog and join our community www.his-kingdon-com.com . We will randomly choose one lucky winner from thepeople who joined our community today to win a great prize . 


I hope you are as excited as I am at being part of this onlineventure.  Our vision is to build anonline community not just be a project-led site.  A place where you can find encouragement,share your heart and your problems and find inspiration and friendship.

 

To join our community please visit His Kingdom Come

























1 comment:

Marjolaine said...

Nice to meet you Michelle, looking forward to working with you at His Kingdom Come!