Monday, October 09, 2017

Inspired By the Obvious - For BGC

Today is all about inspiration and where we find it over on the BGC blog.


We all know inspiration can come from anywhere and everywhere!  But sometimes we overlook the obvious.  Sometimes we get our kits or our new scrapbook supplies and we just get so excited by how pretty they are we immediately just try to "match" them to our pictures without really taking a good look and getting inspired by them.  This month when I got my kit I saw that 7 Gypsies paper with the big graphic numbers on it and was inspired to use them as big bold title pieces.  I knew I had just taken the boys back to school pics and they would be perfect to use for that.

So basically the entire page was inspired by those big graphic letters!  I built the whole page around them.  I love how the bold graphic of the letters were still simplistic enough to allow the photos on my multi photo layout shine, which was important to this layout.  And they really do pop on that robbins egg blue card stock that I adore!  All all it really took was cutting the letters out of the paper, inking them up and stapling them on, yes I stapled in my scrapbook...I told you i'm a rule breaker!  LOL!  I added some ribbon to give some texture and I love the effect that added.

So I hope this has inspired you to look more closely at your papers and supplies and truly get inspired by them and get to cutting!

No comments: